College Prep 101
College Prep 101 is designed to give age appropriate student athletes the information, confidence and resources available to successfully navigate the college identification, recruitment and selection process.
Trying to find the right university can be stressful and time consuming. As a student-athlete it can be even more cumbersome as they may be in the enviable but stressful position of having multiple options.
Not every one will have the privilege of participating in college sports, but College Prep is applicable to all students seeking to continue their education as a guide and resource.
To ensure participants get maximum assistance, the program will be spread over several classes over the course of the year to:
- Explain the realities and misconceptions of college athletics.
- Explain the college recruitment process and the rules of the NCAA.
- Explain academic goal setting, requirements, and the NCAA clearinghouse.
- Remove the need for expensive and ineffective recruiting services.
- Assist in developing a grade appropriate outline to chart progress and goals throughout the year.
- Assist in letter writing and student-athlete profiles.
- Prepare students and families for unofficial and official visits, and successful interaction with coaches during the recruitment process.
- Discuss the questions to answer and resources available for finding the right school.
- Provide current information on available academic, athletic, and financial aid.
College Prep takes place over the full academic year, beginning during the student’s sophomore year and extending through graduation.
College Prep benefits:
- Students who wish to prepare for the college search process early
- Student athletes who wish to compete at the collegiate level
- Students in need of or lacking a traditional support system
- Students without the financial means to participate in college prep programs